Sunday, January 24, 2010

Emotional Days

These past few days have been very emotional.  Every time I am put into a situation with people who I know and love for the first time since I have learned that I have cancer, I break down.  The tears just flow down my cheeks and all I want to do is get out of the situation.  This morning at church, for example, loving, caring people came to me with hugs and words of encouragement.  I got an instant headache.  Why is that?  

Please pray this week.  Pray that I can sleep for more than 3 hours a night.  Pray that things will go smoothly at school.  Ask God to bring peace and PATIENCE to our home.  Pray that for every 1 successful surgery done in Holland, 100 will be done in Haiti!


4 comments:

  1. You're allowed to be a mess. ;)

    If you're up to it, the Grahams, Pages & Charamedas...a.k.a. the Neighborhood Nuts..are getting together Saturday around 6:30 at the Pages. We'd love to have you guys join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, Jolinda and the kidsJanuary 24, 2010 at 10:45 PM

    Hey Rob,

    Figured out how to get on this thing - pretty cool. Raining cats and dogs here at the moment. We hear you on the need for sleep, patience, etc. Trust that will all come this week. You have a Sunday School class and bible study group here in Charlotte pulling and praying hard for you, Randy and the girls (and the doctors).

    Sorry I missed you today on the phone, but had a good chat with Randy.

    Take care this week and don't worry about emotions running over. I think it would be odd if they weren't, and at the end of the day, folks don't care about your emotions, they care about you.

    Will be in touch.

    Love,

    Brad, Jolinda, Matthew, Christina and Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Robin & family - I just want you to know that I'm lifting all of you up in prayer. It is a very hard time for all of you and friends of mine here are praying too. May God give you peace this week as you prepare for surgery. God's loving arms are around all of you and may you feel His love each day. Love you, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Robin,

    Before I read your update I had done my morning devotions and specifically prayed for peace and understanding for you and your family...God does take care of us, doesn't he! :) Being a very emotional person myself, I can relate to the tears. I have no answer, just some empathy. May you soon feel the strength and power of the prayers being sent your way!!

    Love,
    Corla :)

    ReplyDelete