Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

Having Randy and the girls home today due to a snow day was a treat. We all stayed snug in our beds much longer than a normal school day! I had a chance to get to MVP and had a nice workout and talked to a few friends there. The early part of the afternoon the girls and I did some shopping, but we didn't find much! Randy took me to the hospital this afternoon as I had a to have a MUGA test done. Per the internet, the definition of a MUGA is as follows: The MUGA scan (MUltiple Gated Acquisition scan) is a noninvasive test that produces a moving image of the heart. From this image, the health of the heart’s major pumping chamber (the left ventricle) can be assessed. I did have to have an IV in place for this test, and it did NOT go in easily.

I expect everyone will be going back to school tomorrow except for me. I miss teaching terribly. Outpatient surgery for the port is scheduled for tomorrow at 3:45. I have a no food, no drink after midnight restriction once again for the entire day. Please pray that the day will pass quickly, that I won't get hungry or thirsty, but will still be able to produce a urine sample at 2:15! Pray that the IV goes in better tomorrow than it did today. And one more thing, thank God for Dr. Hoberman!

Much love to all of you!

Robin

10 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    I am so glad you could enjoy the day today with your family. I will pray for a peaceful day for you tomorrow. I hope it passes quickly and that the port surgery goes well. Sleep well tonight.

    Love, Krystle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin-
    Praying that your day goes quickly tomorrow. Maybe read a good book! And your family better make sure you get something fantastic for dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you, Robin. Rest well tonight!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,
    I just heard about your surgery last week when I ran into Amy while cross country skiing. Then Sue sent me your blog. Be assured of my continued prayers for a full recovery and for your daughters as they handle this stress. I wish I was still at school so I could talk to them. Be as strong as I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin
    We have been gone for awhile and just had a chance to catch up on your progress. God is good and you are one tough chick! Our prayers for you are still being lifted up to God. Did you have a chance to talk with Marla?

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin,
    You are in my prayers. I know God will take care of you through all of this.
    Susan O'Neill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, Hope today goes well for you, I will be thinking of you!!
    Lots of LOVE to all of you!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. BE SILENT AND I WILL TEACH YOU WISDOM.
    JOB33:33a
    TODAY I REALIZE EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL AND MEANINGFUL.

    Stacy.S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Robin,

    So glad you were able to enjoy the snow day with your family!! That was a very good thing for all of you. :) Praying for you today, hoping the port surgery goes well and you are back home quickly. As I was listening to the radio (WCSG) the song lyrics...You will be safe in his arms...just hit me and I went right to the computer to pass those words on to you!! What a peace I received with regards to you when I heard those words. Here's hoping they give you the peace you need, too!!

    Love,
    Corla :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bad IV experience was a sign for you to start gaining appreciation for your new port :)
    Can't wait to see you in the halls -
    Sikma

    ReplyDelete