Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good News!

The good news is that Dr. Dodde said everything looks great. I get to go back to teaching tomorrow :) I feel great. Really, really great. I feel so good in fact, that I expected him to tell me I could return to all of my normal activities. Well, that didn't happen. I had to be reminded that I had surgery 8 days ago and if I were to start exercising and lifting heavier objects, I could easily rip open the incisions. He also brought to my attention the fact that my chest is completely numb and if I were to hurt myself, I wouldn't even feel it. So, look out Hamilton El. friends, because ready or not, here I come. (And I have had plenty of alone time to think and I have thought of a few new ideas to run by you :) To my MVP friends, I'll see you in a couple of weeks. To my church friends, can't wait to see many of you tomorrow evening. To my neighbors and friends that don't work during the day, it has been great seeing many of you while I have been home. To all of my other friends, thank you for checking up on me!

Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Day!

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isiah 40:31

5 comments:

  1. Dear Friend,

    What great news!! I know you, too, will soar on wings like eagles, as you get back to your normal life!! Enjoy everything that lies before you. :) I'll see you Thursday!

    Love,
    Corla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This posting makes me think back to the day you arrived at my door with the news. I knew then that the ending would be happy, but what I didn't realize was what a journey you'd take. You've been a trooper all the way through and shown all of us how to turn lemons into lemonade.

    Love you!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so happy for you right now Robin I can't even stand it!!!
    Have a super day back at school.
    You must be smilin from ear to ear:)
    Love YOU!!!
    Kristin
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite verse of all! So glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping you are holding up well during conference week!

    ReplyDelete