Today I met with the geneticist and got an education regarding genetic testing for breast cancer patients. After listening to all of the info she offered, I have lots of questions. I didn't stick my arm out and offer her some of my blood for the testing just yet. Randy and I need to prayerfully consider whether this is something we want done or not.
Dr. Hoberman did call again today with a bit more information. The pathology report is indicating two kinds of cancer. One is the DCIS (stage 0) that the biopsy showed. The other is invasive. The pathologist was pleased with the margins she was able to get with the exception of the skin. The tumor was close to the skin, so she really couldn't take any more. I may need to have some preventative treatment done on the skin in the area of the tumor. I am now anxiously awaiting my next appointment with her on Thursday morning. This is not great news, hence the emotional roller coaster continues to run. Keep praying.
I am trying really, really hard to relax and heal. Today I slept in until 9:30! Our family is enjoying the meals that Randy brings home from friends at Hamilton El. I delight in reading all of the cards that come in the mail and the posts on the blog. I have read them all at least 10 times.
Thats all for tonight.