Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quick Update

Just a quick update tonight. Everything is going so well and we are so busy, I don't update very often! I'll just let you know what my medical calendar looks like for the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow: Herceptin (I only have to miss a half hour of school)
Next Tuesday: Dr. Krause (OB check up) I'll be late for school, but I'll be there!
Friday, October 8: Run around town with Keagan as we prepare her for the homecoming court. I know it isn't anything medical, let's just hope it doesn't turn into something needing medical attention! I'll be out of school for the entire day.
Monday, October 11: Surgery - remove the expanders and place permanent implants.
Tuesday, October 19: Post op appointment. Hopefully I'll be able to return to school on the 20th.

I've had a 24 hour pity party for myself. I am so enjoying teaching and my life right now that it frustrates me to think of all of these appointments and facing yet another surgery. I'll get through it though!

Good night!

Robin

4 comments:

  1. Hi Friend,

    I'm so glad you are enjoying teaching and your life right now, because more of that will be waiting for you after all of these appointments and your surgery. :) I still would love to connect for breakfast or something next week. I'll be in touch. Keep up the great fight and wonderful attitude!!

    Love,
    Corla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Robin,

    Isn't it awesome to be at school and loving it?! It's been wonderful to see you excited, bubbly and busy. Your surgery and post-op will be over before you know it. Just think of how many more appointments you would have had if you were going for radiation. Lean on God, your family and friends when the pity party hits. it won't be much longer and we'll have an "I'm done with this" party instead. Hang in there - you can do it!

    Love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at all you have been through-you can do this, you are so strong Robin and if you have a little pity party sometimes, that's ok too, you are human and can do that.
    People love you so much, including me!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOM!!!!! YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT PERSON! I LOVE YOU AND I'M HERE FOR YOU WHENEVER YOU NEED ME!!!!! I LOVE YOU MOMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete